Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. fresh chopped oregano (or dried if fresh is not available)
1/4 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
4 tsp EVOO




*Basil to taste
 
Preheat oven to 450.
 
Combine Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper, *basil. 
 
Place tomatoes cut side up on a baking sheet.  Top with Parmesan mixture then drizzle with EVOO. 
 
Bake in oven til tomatoes are tender, approx. 15 minutes.
 
*I added basil, the original recipe does not call for it.
 
***I am the only one in my household that eats tomatoes so I am always looking for new ways to enjoy them.  This is definitely a recipe I will be using quite often.  Especially during the summer when fresh tomatoes are available. 
 
I found this recipe on Pinterest but it originated from 4peatssake.com.  The picture above is also from that website, I do not take credit for it. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment